How do you stop toilet leakage? Regardless of how thorough and high-quality your toilet is, you will come to a point where leaks will appear. Wax-based solutions for leaky toilets are a thing of past cause they are messy, it’s time to use the best waxless toilet seal for your toilet.
Table of Contents
- 1 4 Best Waxless Toilet Seal 2018 Reviews
- 2 Buying Guide for Best Toilet Seal – Waxfree
- 3 How to Seal a Toilet
- 4 How to Remove a Wax Ring from Toilet
- 5 Why is the toilet seal important?
- 6 Wax vs Non-Wax Toilet Seals
- 7 Final Verdict
Is there such a thing? Yes, there is. There are quite a few alternatives, as a matter of fact and today we are going to review some of the top quality toilet accessories the market offers.
4 Best Waxless Toilet Seal 2018 Reviews
1. Fluidmaster 7530P8 – Wax Free Toilet Gasket
Sealing your toilet bowl is easier on paper. Fluidmaster also makes it easier in practice. This toilet gasket works like a charm, without all the minuses of the wax sealing and the headaches coming along with it. And it does so thanks to its superior quality and efficiency of construction.
Coming with a ten year warranty, this toilet seal can be fitted to any flange and into any model of toilet. There is no minimum temperature required for installation and it is equally sturdy and reliable regardless of the inclination of the bathroom floor or machine washable bath mat.
The fact that it eliminates wax out of the equation which is priceless when you consider the mess coming with wax sealants. Another crucial aspect that needs to be considered is that Fluidmaster 7530P8 has no weak spots. The bolts, along with the entire hardware, are rust-proof and the overall construction is solid and reliable.
2. Korky 6000BP – Universal Toilet Seal
If efficiency were to have an alias, it would have been Korky 6000BP. This universal toilet seal tells you everything you need to know about your toilet’s functionality over time. Fixing leaks with extreme efficiency and fitting both 3 inches and 4 inches drain pipes, the Korky is one of the best choices in this regard.
This seal from Korky replaces wax rings efficiently and it can be easily repositioned, depending on your toilet settings. Most importantly, it is easy to install, sturdy and durable and it contains interior foam designs, making it highly adaptable to floor inclinations.
We all know how ineffective and messy wax rings are. And we all know you only have one shot at placing them in the right position. From this point of view, Korky 6000BP is the right choice, no matter how you’d look at it.
3. Ferno FTS-3 – Best Wax Free Toilet Seal
There are 2 aspects we tend to focus on with regards to our home toilets: pristine functionality and durability. And both of these depend on the hardware used in their construction. Which is why pieces like Ferno FTS-3 are so appreciated among the consumers.
There are 3 key features that make this toilet sealant the best: easy to install, durable and adaptable. This one only comes as one piece, without any other additional parts, and it can be mounted in several minutes. As a plus, it behaves impeccably on carpet, wood or linoleum alike.
If Ferno has such a great success with the general public, it is thanks to its ingenuity and adaptability. It is wax-free, which means no more dirty floors, it is as simple as it gets and it is effective and durable. What more could you ask for?
4. Sani Llc BL01 – Best Ring for Toilet
Sani Llc BL01 is part of the new generation of toilet sealants. Manufactured in the US and with a modern and sleek design, this piece is simply perfect for all types of bathrooms. Not only it is effective, it is also compatible with a lot of bathroom styles and aesthetics.
There are few products in the same category that are as simple, yet as impactful as Sani Llc BL01 is. Its high durability is only matched by its innovative design and strong composure, making it one of the best in the field. Just like the previous models, Sani Llc is also wax-free.
The time of wax rings is almost gone. Now it is the time for products like this one to storm the market and it seems like consumers definitely appreciate it. A truly American made product, valuing quality and durability above everything else.
These are the 4 best modern toilet sealants chosen for you from a variety of options exist in the market.
Interesting Read: Toddler Toiler Seats. To find best potty chair or seat for your kids. Surely, they are going to love it.
Buying Guide for Best Toilet Seal – Waxfree
Most people don’t give too much importance to such minor pieces, existent in any household. However, most of our daily problems are caused precisely by said pieces. Take wax-based toilet sealants, for instance. Wax is messy and replacing the wax ring is never an option.
Objectively speaking, wax-free sealants are preferable. But by which criteria to choose the best toilet seal? How can we identify the higher quality ones, helping us spend our money wisely? There are several aspects to consider:
- Easy to install – If the installation process is too complicated, you risk screwing things up.
- Simple, yet effective design – You don’t want a toilet sealant made out of several pieces, because that will multiply your chances of doing something wrong.
- Quality pieces – Quality is essential, because it ends up defining how your toilet will behave over the years from that point on.
- Item reviews – Check out whether there are people who have already purchased the product. The more there are and the more satisfied they seem, the better.
- Design – If you can get both quality and looks within the same price range, why not?
As you can see, there is nothing fancy or complicated about it.
How to Seal a Toilet
Sure, the toilet sealant is a pretty straightforward mechanism. Simple, easy to grasp. And installing it is not, or should not be, complicated. However, it is complex, in the sense that there are several steps that need to be followed.
And if you have never done a similar job in the past, you might want to check the following instructions list, just to make sure you are on the right track.
- Cut down the water supply to the toilet
- Flush the toilet completely and remove the lid
- Use a rag or a sponge to completely dry the interior of the tank
- Unplug the water supply tube
- Unscrew the base of the toilet
- Lift the body of the toilet and remove the old sealant device
- Place the new sealant in place and fix it according to the instructions
- Redo all the operations and restore the toilet into its working order
These are the main steps, but you also have to be careful about the details. Pay attention to screwing and unscrewing the bolts and nuts and make sure to separate the tank from the body of the toilet. They are distinct pieces and you might want to tread with caution.
How to Remove a Wax Ring from Toilet
Wax rings can be both useful and annoying at the same time. Those who are using it know what we are talking about. They cannot be repositioned once put in their place, they are generally ugly and altogether messy.
This means that, at one point or another in time, you will have to replace your toilet wax ring with a more effective alternative. But, before doing that, you need to clean up the old toilet wax seal first. And this is how you do it:
- Shut off the high performance toilet fill valve
- Remove the bolts and screws holding the toilet together
- Separate the water tank from the toilet body
- Separate the toilet body from the floor
- Remove the wax ring and clean the area to wipe all traces of wax
- Add the new toilet seal and set it in place as instructed
- Put everything back together as it was
- Flush several times to make sure everything is sealed-tight
In essence, changing your wax ring for a new, more modern piece is the best thing you can do. Wax rings are officially a thing of the past.
Why is the toilet seal important?
Before questioning the differences between wax-based and wax-free toilet seals, we first need to know whether the piece is important to begin with. And it is. Without a qualitative seal, the toilet will easily leak, not only when flushing because the flush valve kit will deteriorate over time.
Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not in a couple of days, but it will leak. This is why you need to have a seal put in place and not just any seal, but the finest one in the market. It is as important as any other part of the toilet, whose malfunction can cause serious problems as a result.
It is not even the question of “is the toilet seal important?” that matters. The truly important one is “which toilet seal is the best one?”. We have gone through most of the details, presenting several top products and breaking down the quality guide with regards to wax-free toilet seals.
Now it is the time to check out the differences between the 2 main types of toilet seals available.
Wax vs Non-Wax Toilet Seals
Wax toilet seals have been used in the plumbing industry for decades. It was the standard option, because it seemed sturdy and effective. However, as more innovations were made in this department, things began to change.
Nowadays, there is a wide variety of toilet seals on display, both wax-based and wax-free. But which of these represent the better alternative? We will argue that the wax-free ones are the way to go and that is for several reasons:
- They are more reliable on the long term than wax rings
- They are nowhere near as messy
- They can come in different designs, adding up to the overall aesthetic vibe of the bathroom
- Easy to mount and dismount
- Can be re-positioned at any time
- More effective, durable and classy
Obviously, it is up to you to decide what to go for. But the signs are all there. Wax-free toilet seals represent the future and they are coming in big and for good reasons.
According to most waxless toilet seal reviews, these pieces are on the verge of redefining the way our toilets and bathrooms look. By far the most strident problem with wax rings is the mess they tend to cause. This can be easily avoided by resorting a new and quality toilet seal.
Aside from breathing a whiff of fresh air in your bathroom’s overall esthetics, the new toilet seals models are also highly effective and durable. Made to last and easy to mount and re-position when needed, it is clear that these pieces represent the direction the industry is headed.