Your toilet’s efficiency depends on the quality of the flush valve. There is no other way to put it. And there are plenty of problems to arrive from possessing a faulty valve. One of them is the leakage caused by the valve not functioning properly. And looking for best toilet flush valves can be a bit trickier than one might think.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Toilet Flush Valve 2018 Comparison Chart
- 2 Best Toilet Flush Valve 2018 Reviews
- 2.1 1. Fluidmaster Flush Valve Kit
- 2.2 2. Pfister Pressure Balanced Valve
- 2.3 3. Kohler Genuine Part Flush Valve
- 2.4 4. American Standard Flush Valve Assembly
- 2.5 5. American Standard Universal Fill Valve
- 2.6 6. Korky QuiteFILL Platinum Toilet Fill Valve
- 2.7 7. Fluidmaster Anti-Siphon Toilet Tank Fill Valve
- 3 Buying guide for Best Toilet Flush Valves
- 4 How to Fix a Toilet Flush Valve
- 5 How to Replace a Toilet Flush Valve?
- 6 How Does a Toilet Flush Valve Work?
- 7 Final Thoughts
Best Toilet Flush Valve 2018 Comparison Chart
|Image||Name||Shipping Weight (Pounds)||Dimension (Inches)||Price|
|Fluidmaster Flush Valve Kit||0.85||3.1 x 4.4 x 12.5||Check Latest Price|
|Pfister Pressure Balanced Valve||0.25||1.8 x 1.8 x 3.5||Check Latest Price|
|Kohler Genuine Part Flush Valve||0.44||10 x 4.2 x 3.8||Check Latest Price|
|American Standard Flush Valve Assembly||0.75||5.4 x 0.7||Check Latest Price|
There are different aspects that need to be taken into account. Fortunately for you, I have saved the trouble of trying to find one on your own. Below is a list with some of the best flush valves you can get.
Best Toilet Flush Valve 2018 Reviews
1. Fluidmaster Flush Valve Kit
When it comes to flush valves, it all starts with quality material and adaptability. The Fluidmaster flush valve is probably among the most popular pieces on the market.
The kit includes an adjustable flapper, optimized for all types of toilets. The installation process is fairly easy, which means you don’t have to be an expert in the field. Fluidmaster can replace any 2” flush valve and it is its quality that will ultimately get to you.
The piece comes with a solid frame, a sleek design and an overall amazing profile. It can save you a lot of money since it stops any leaks from day one. One you must have.
2. Pfister Pressure Balanced Valve
The pressured cartridge valve from Pfister is not only the best, but also one of the most innovative. And the innovative part refers both to its look and to its functionality. The Pfister 9740420 is a Pfister trademark piece, with an amazing display of useful features.
It is compatible with the VB8 and JV8 rough in valves and it comes with a ceramic disc for advanced outcomes. The build-up is solid and the visual design is quite satisfying, giving the impression of quality and attention to details.
There are few toilet flush valves that are more optimized and effective than the Pfister pressure valve cartridge and for good reasons. For outstanding quality and durability, this is what you need.
3. Kohler Genuine Part Flush Valve
Kohler 87998 is one solid flush valve, coming with the toilet flush flapper you can get, all in the same kit. Its universal compatibility makes it highly desirable among consumers and that is not the only reason.
The material used is well finished and solid, defining class A quality with every aspect of it. Its longevity and quality of construction are Kohler trademark features that grow bigger by the day. Kohler 87998 is a small unit that can successfully meet all the toilet requirements.
If what you are looking for is top quality for affordable prices, then this is the way to go. Nothing beats Kohler in that regard. In the end, it all comes down to making the best choice.
4. American Standard Flush Valve Assembly
American Standard is one of the best bathroom accessories manufacturers in USA. The American Standard 047107-0070A is one of a kind. It may sound like a cheesy description, but, in the end, everything will fall in the right place. As far as the efficiency goes, American Standard is one of the finest toilet bowl flush valve there is.
If there is anything that matters when it comes to flush valves, then that is quality. Quality makes for everything and this flush valve doesn’t lack it. The hard composition is only matched by its superior performance, making for one of the best piece money can buy.
Being engineered and constructed by professionals, American Standard lives up to some of the highest standards in the industry. No matter how you’d look at it, it is worth every penny.
5. American Standard Universal Fill Valve
This is another top-notch kit, embodying the best the industry has to offer. The optimized design and the thorough build make for quite an impressive piece. The American standard fill valve is one to take things to the next level.
It has the water control feature in place and it comes with a coupling washer and a refill tube, along with its clip in the package. Being universal, the American Standard fill valve fits almost all toilet requirements.
Add to all these pros the fact that the material is high-quality, made to last and you should quickly get the bigger picture. This piece has no minuses to talk about which, in and of itself, is quite impressive. Definitely worth it.
6. Korky QuiteFILL Platinum Toilet Fill Valve
As the official trademark quote suggests, the Korky 528 MP platinum valve is made to fit 99% of the toilets. This right here is almost enough to help you make up your mind about it. And this is just the beginning.
As a plus, the Korky is mostly known for its optimization. The fact that it is constructed with efficiency in mind. The water saving mechanism is made to only deliver enough water to the tank, nothing more. This alone will put a stop to excessive water usage.
Among its most visible plusses, we also have to mention the water control feature, the silent running and the powerful flushing. These mechanisms are put in place to upgrade your toilet’s efficiency and they accomplish the job perfectly.
7. Fluidmaster Anti-Siphon Toilet Tank Fill Valve
Nobody likes noisy toilets. It is one of the basic rules of the universe. Nobody likes leaky toilets either–that’s rule number two. Fortunately, the Fluidmaster 400A fill valve solves both of these problems in one go.
The modern design, combined with the top quality of the Fluidmaster, make for probably the most reliable toilet flush valve you can get. The Anti-siphon feature is in place to eliminate the water supply contamination. On top of that, the Fluidmaster 400A comes with adjustable height, between 9” and 14” maximum.
It is, overall, one of the best pieces you can get. It is easy to install, well designed, modern looking and highly appreciated among consumers. In all honesty, there is nothing more you could want from your toilet fill valve.
Buying guide for Best Toilet Flush Valves
A toilet flush valve of high quality is a priceless addition to your bathroom. We all know how annoying leaky and noisy toilets are. Aside from creating a high level of discomfort, the old and faulty flush valves can also hurt your capital. And, since we want to keep it cheap and qualitative, there is only one answer – look for quality above everything else to find the best toilet flush valve.
But what does quality mean? How can you differentiate between quality products and those that lack the proper optimization? There are several criteria to remember in this regard:
- The manufacturer has to be right there in the top
- The construction material needs to be high-end
- Compatibility with a wide range of toilet models
- Anti-leak and anti-corrosion features
- Durability and longevity
With these in mind, you should have no problem finding the best piece for you. As you can see, aiming for quality above everything else is essential. It is the single best way of ensuring your toilet’s effectiveness. Also, it doesn’t hurt that the new, highly optimized flush valves can save you quite a few bucks.
How to Fix a Toilet Flush Valve
But what can you do when replacing isn’t necessary? The flush valve can malfunction for a wide variety of reasons, including breakage or corrosion. Both of which require replacing the piece.
However, in some cases, something else might be at play. The valve can fail to close completely because of the dirt accumulating around the drain over time. When that happens, the best thing to do is to simply clean it thoroughly. This can be achieved by following several simple steps:
- Empty the tank completely and dry it using a sponge or a rug
- Remove the drain valve flapper
- Clean the valve seat of any debris or accumulating dirt
- Replace or add a sealant ring onto the drain seat
- Put everything back together and test the mechanism for leakage and efficiency
Obviously, this fix only works when the problem with your flush valve is not major. If it is, all you can do is to replace it completely. Fortunately for you, dirt is the most common leakage or clogging problem, which means cleaning the valve works great.
How to Replace a Toilet Flush Valve?
It doesn’t matter whether you have ever replaced your toilet flush valve or not. Learning how to do it is pretty much a matter of minutes. If you have a solid, high quality valve, it is highly unlikely you will ever need to replace it.
Most of nowadays flush valves come with a 10-year guarantee and, more often than not, last way more than that. But, assuming the inevitable has happened, what do you need to do? There are several steps to be followed in that regard:
- Remove the lid from the tank, shut off the water stream and drain the tank
- Use a sponge or a towel to completely dry the interior
- Disconnect the water supply tube, as well as the flapper chain connected to the lever arm
- Disconnect the refill tube connected to the overflow pipe
- Unscrew the bolts beneath the tank and remove the piece
- Remove the old flush valve
- Install the new one
- Screw back together the water tank
- Flush the toilet several times to test for any leakage
And, since we are here, try look for the best toilet flush valve to install. Never too late to go for top quality.
How Does a Toilet Flush Valve Work?
If you think most people have no idea how a toilet flush valve works, you got it just right. And, if you think about it, why would they? The problem with toilets is that they don’t usually break. I know, the word “problem” may seem a bit weird in this context, but hear me out.
If your toilet never breaks, you will never going to have to fix it. This means you will have no idea how it functions. And having somewhat of a grasp regarding its functionality is crucial. Because, eventually, your toilet valve will break too.
The flush-and-refill mechanism is an easy to understand concept:
- The toilet tank is capable of holding around 2 gallons of water
- The flush valve is put in place to hold and release that water when needed
- Once the tank has been emptied, the flush valve moves back into its initial position, sealing the drain again
- The filler valve is a second security mechanism, making sure the tank doesn’t overflow and floods the bathroom
- The filler valve functions based on the filler float that, when reaching a certain height thanks to water level increasing, causes the filler valve to seal the drain
Pretty straightforward, right?
From my point of view, the best toilet flush valve is one that comes with several distinct features:
- Impressive design
- Outstanding material quality
- Solid construction, according to the latest standards
- Efficiency in delivering as expected
- Long-lasting results
I advise you never to settle for any less than this. A top-notch flush valve can solve a lot of your toilet problems, most of which can cause you to lose money regularly. It is not too difficult to find good pieces for affordable prices. All that matters it’s for you to know what you are looking for.