I use bath mats mainly to keep myself safe when I come of the best adult bathtub after a long refreshing shower. Besides, bath mats can definitely improve the aesthetics of your bathroom.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Bathtub and Bathroom Mats Compared
- 2 Best Bathtub Mat and Bath Mat Reviews
- 2.1 1. Gorilla Grip – Machine Washable Bath Mat
- 2.2 2. Epica – Anti Slip Bath Mat for Tub
- 2.3 3. Simple Deluxe – Best non slip bathtub mat
- 2.4 4. Simple Lines Company – Best Bath Mat for Elderly
- 2.5 5. Rubbermaid Commercial – Latex Free Bath Mat
- 2.6 6. IKEA TOFTBO – Non Skid Bath Mat
- 2.7 7. Maiyuan – Mold Resistant Best Baby Bath Mat
- 3 How to Clean Bathtub Mat
- 4 Choose the Best Bathtub Mat for Your Bath Safety
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Final Verdict
Following will be the bath mat reviews which are available for the taking. We have handpicked a few of the best for your convenience. The different range and functionality of these products will certainly match your taste and style.
Top Bathtub and Bathroom Mats Compared
|Image||Name||Dimension (Inches)||Material Type||Price|
|Gorilla Grip||16.4 x 3.00 x 2.30||Plastic|
|Epica Anti-Bacterial||0.30 x 0.20 x 1.00||Rubber|
|Simple Deluxe||39.0 x 16.0 x 1.00||Vinyl|
|Simple Lines Company||38.0 x 14.0 x 0.10||Rubber|
|Maiyuan||27.0 x 15.0 x 1.00||Plastic|
|Rubbermaid Commercial||36.0 x 18.0 x 1.00||Multi|
Best Bathtub Mat and Bath Mat Reviews
1. Gorilla Grip – Machine Washable Bath Mat
Not all mats are created equally. For the suction cups on the GORILLA GRIP Rectangle (35-Inch-by-16-Inch) Non-Slip Machine Washable Bath Mat that are guaranteed to hold on any smooth surface. With its larger size, it makes many of the other smaller mats looks like toilet paper. And to cap it off, the additional holes in the mat allow water to flow away, which means less mold and less slippage. The perfect one for refinished tub or new.
- Extra strong suction cups that guarantee a non-slip mat
- A larger size to fit the full dimensions of most tubs
- Extra holes to eliminate mold and chance of slipping
- Anti-bacterial and mildew resistant
- BPA free
- Phthalate free
- Latex free
- No Odors Technology
- 10-Year Guarantee
- Machine Washable
- If not maintained, it can get mildew
- Can be slippery when wet
If you’re looking for a great bathtub mat, then the GORILLA GRIP Rectangle Non-Slip Machine Washable one is an excellent choice.
2. Epica – Anti Slip Bath Mat for Tub
This bath mat from Epica is extremely durable even if you use it every day. Underneath the mat there are numerous suction cups for ensuring the utmost safety. I know many people use excessive soaps & bubbles during bath time. Epica Anti slip bath mat won’t let you down in this regard.
- Sturdy rubber construction
- Non-slip grip
- Mildew-resistant formula
- Increased comfort
- Easy care
- Perfect bathtub design
- Does not come in multiple colors
- Is not mildew resistant when left wet at all times
Being a key component in making every shower or bath you take more sanitary, the Epica Bath Mat helps to eliminate any type of slip or fall that you may come across without any safety measure. This mat covers the entire area comprehensively even if you use large square rainfall shower head.
This bath mat is easily washable with anti-bacterial properties. If you want to use the washing machine that is absolutely fine for both the rubber mat and the machine. The color combination matches perfectly with your shower room ambiance.
3. Simple Deluxe – Best non slip bathtub mat
You will get some hints by the name. This is an anti-slip, anti-bacterial bath mat manufactured with top quality materials by Simple Deluxe. I know you are thinking that everybody says it—and it is fine to be skeptical. I myself was skeptical about the performance of this bath mat. However, I bought one and started to like it from the first day of use.
- Machine washable
- Allergen-free vinyl
- High-quality materials
- Non-slip bathtub mat
- Larger than most of its competitors.
- Works on any non-textured surface
- Suction cups can lose suction over time
- Not safe for people who are active in the shower
Another good thing is this bath mat is large that provides you more floor coverage which translates into greater safety. Easily machine washable and comes in different colors.
4. Simple Lines Company – Best Bath Mat for Elderly
This is one of the safest, most secure non skid bathtub mats on the market today. The non-slip and PVC free material has over 200 anti-skid suction cups to hold it in place. It’s over-sized design and all natural material make this the ideal shower tool for every sized tub.
- Over 200 skid-resistant suction cups
- Extra-large coverage from the extra-long design
- Perfect for all tub sizes and styles
- Made with all natural material
- BPA free
- PVC free
- Drainage holes for faster water runoff
- Machine washable
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Comes in multiple colors
- One of the best shower mats for seniors
- Will not fit in smaller sized tubs
- Not as thick as other cheap counterparts.
This is an overall great bath mat that does its job well. It comes in a variety of colors to match any bathroom décor and will help prevent you from slipping in the tub during a shower or a bath. And being made with 100% natural materials, you can rest assured that there will be no allergic reactions of any kind. It’will keep you safe in the tub for years.
5. Rubbermaid Commercial – Latex Free Bath Mat
This is the best mat for any shower or bath situation, the textured surface of the Rubbermaid Commercial Bath Mat, makes it the ideal mat for just about everything. Being 36” long and 18” wide, it is the perfect size for most showers and tubs. And with the mold and mildew resistant material, it really is as hands off as you can get when it comes to a bathroom mat.
- Fits in most showers and bathtubs
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Textured surface to prevent any type of slippage
- 100% latex free
- Suction-backed to help stay firmly in place
- 36” long by 18” wide
- Thick padding for extra comfort
- Created with safety in mind
- Can grow mold if left in water
- May not be big enough depending on the size of your tub
All in all, the Rubbermaid Commercial FG704304BSTON is a great bath mat for the price. With the 100% latex free, mold and mildew resistant design, when properly maintained this piece will last you for years to come. And with the sizing of it being perfect for most bath and showers, there really is no doubt that this is a mat that you will end up loving.
6. IKEA TOFTBO – Non Skid Bath Mat
There is no mistaking that the IKEA TOFTBO Microfiber Bath Mat – 35″ x 24″ | 1.25″ Thick – Ultra Soft Super Absorbent is one of the best mats on the market today. Made of 100% polyester microfiber, it is far beyond any type of typical rubber bathtub mat that you have ever come across. And being machine washable, the microfiber, ultra-soft, anti-slip design is something that will not only keep you safe but make sure that you never bathe again without it.
- 100% polyester microfiber
- Dries quickly
- Uses special anti-slip underlay for added safety
- Machine washable
- Available in several different size options
- Available in several different colors
- One of the best shower mats for seniors
- Can get destroyed if machine washed too many times
- Can be uncomfortable to stand on if you have soft feet
Having a microfiber bath mat is a great addition to your bathroom. Not only it improves the overall aesthetics but also it is soft, absorbent and offers non-skid experience. IKEA bath mat is available in different colors so you will have that luxury to choose the right piece. Like other bath mats in the industry this one is also machine washable.
7. Maiyuan – Mold Resistant Best Baby Bath Mat
This Maiyuan piece is colorful—that’s the first impression you will get. As it is intended to babies the manufacturer keeps this stylish color pattern in mind. Babies want to play around the floor so you need the kind of bath mat which are anti-bacterial and PVC free. Maiyuan bath mat provides you just that.
- Plenty of suction cups, greatly increasing the child’s safety
- Anti-bacterial, thanks to the sterilized high-quality PVC
- It contains rounded bumps on the surface, for a plus of comfort
- Extremely durable and well made
- Well designed, meant to attract your kid’s attention
- The lack of diversity with the models
- The design is no on everyone’s taste
Along with the color pattern and environmental friendliness the piece is extremely durable and sturdy. You can clean the mat with washing machine and it is mold resistant as well. I have seen this brand in saunas, children parks and child care facilities on a number of occasions. That means these are strong enough to use in public places.
Interesting Read: Get to know the best shower curtain liner for your bathroom that will match instantly with bathmats in terms of style and colors.
How to Clean Bathtub Mat
Cleaning your tub mat is not a tough ask if you can adhere to some simple points. Following these rules will help you earn the best out of the bathtub mat life. Every mat comes with a manufacturer’s instructions and as a user, you must read it carefully. Usually, in the manual, there is step by step instructions of how to clean the mat properly without using non-abrasive cleaning methods. Try to follow the instructions and you will be good to go.
Bathtub mats always remain in the bathroom and in wet condition. The moisturized condition is an ideal environment for bacterial growth. It is our duty to clean the bathtub mat on a regular basis. It is wise not to use shared bath mat in any condition.
People use different types of soaps, shampoos, conditioners and best organic bath bombs during shower. All these residuals get accumulated in the bath mat. Hence, bacterial or fungal growth is a common thing on bath mats. However, you can avoid such instances easily just by cleaning it regularly and thoroughly.
Use sunlight to dry to bath mat when possible. Sunlight dries them well and kill bacteria that remain inside.
Cleaning Process According to Nature of Stains
Stains that are slightly soiled:
- First, you need to take a spray bottle and spray water on the mat
- Make a soapy solution by using lukewarm water and dishwashing liquid
- Wipe the mat thoroughly and dry it under the sun.
For stains that are tough:
- Use a soft brush and soapy water. Here you need to be careful about the volume of soaps applied. It is suggested not to use too much soap as it may damage the mat.
- Another problem is when you use too much soap it will create an invisible residue on the mat. As a result, the mat will get very slippery when it gets wet during your bath time.
- Put some effort with the soft brush and your mat will get cleaner.
Can you use the washing machine?
- Of course, you can. However, you have to remove it before the spin cycle starts. Spinning cycle of washing machines can really damage the bath mat.
- Also, avoid ‘tumble dry’ as the heat produced by the washing machine is harmful to your bath mat.
- It is wise to wash it in the machine and then let it dry naturally in the sun.
How about using natural mat cleaning spray?
- There are some natural cleaning sprays that you can make at home.
- Take 2 drops of peppermint oil, 3 drops of tea tree oil and 2 drops of lavender oil.
- Mix them properly by adding some water and pour the solution in a spray bottle.
- At the end of the day when bathing activities are completed spray this solution on your mat, wait for a bit and then wipe it down.
- Do not use any alcohol based wipe.
It is true that after a certain period of time, the mat doesn’t look great no matter how hard you try to clean it. When you reach at that point it would be a better option to remove that mat and buy a new one. A new bathtub mat will add more glow to your bathroom.
With these simple tips and tricks, you will be able to get the best out of your bathtub mat. Enjoy the pristine condition for many days to come!
Choose the Best Bathtub Mat for Your Bath Safety
“What is the purpose of a bathtub mat?” – This is the question most people put out. It only goes to show that a lot of us don’t really appreciate the importance of the best bathtub mat. Obviously, not all products perform the same, but we are talking about the concept, not about a specific product.
Are these mats a necessity? This is what we need to ask ourselves. And, as far as we can tell, the answer is “Yes”. And yes for all adult, baby and your pretty dog tubs. Here is why.
Why are Bathtub Mats Important?
These are not just for style
Because of the way they are designed, they are primarily meant for efficiency. The purpose of a mat is to provide security and comfort, aside from the pure aesthetic touch.
The slippery surface of any bathtub can cause serious problems to both adults and children alike, probably with a plus for children. Once the smooth surface gets wet, your balance, as well as any sense of security, is gone. Mats will alleviate that problem in an instant. Mats made of moss can be an exceptional option. They will remain alive with the help of bath water.
And here is why they are so appreciated:
- They have suction cups, designed to provide a strong grip unto the wet surface of the bathtub
- Mats are made of plastic, rubber or microfiber, which makes them highly durable on the long run
- They are more often than not treated with antibacterial solutions, which prevents bacterial spread
- Aside from the suction cups, a lot of the bathtub mats are designed with small holes, which increase the water flow through the material, thus preventing mildew creation
- Extremely comfortable as they are often designed to cover the entire bathtub pool
- Easy to clean, both by hand and by using the washing machine
- Available, in many cases, in a variety of colors, adding value to the bathroom’s overall design
- Fairly cheap, compared to the benefits they provide
The only downside that some users have complained about was the fact that, in some cases, the mat was either shorter or narrower than they needed. Which is hardly a design fault and more like their lack of awareness when purchasing it.
Mats are not just for adults
Many of us holds a misconception that bath mats are only for adults. But this is not necessarily true. Your toddlers need to have a bath and there are many households that don’t have any special bathtub or shower arrangement for babies. So, babies need to take shower in the adult bathroom.
More often toddlers use adult bathtub. At this point you can easily understand the importance of bathtub mat for babies. Kids don’t settle in one place and they always hustle. What would happen if your kid hustles while getting out of the bathtub? If you don’t have any bath mat an accident may happen at any time.
On the other hand, bath mat increases the beauty of your shower room because these are colorful. Toddlers then want to go to the shower and enjoy the bathing time more.
The benefits cannot be argued against
It is a fact that bathtub mats deserve more appreciation than what they usually get. In essence, this is all about an increase in safety. You would be amazed to know how many people experience accidents while bathing, because of the bathtub’s slippery surface. And you would be even more amazed to know how many of these accidents can be prevented by a well designed, quality mat.
Grab one and your problems will go away as if they weren’t even there in the first place. Combine that with the aesthetic value of each piece in particular and you can see where this is going.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are bathtub mats machine washable?
Yes, all of the mentioned mats are machine washable, as well as hand washable.
2. Are the bath mats non-slip?
Yes, they are non-slip. This is important as it adds more safety and security to the user.
3. How comfortable is the bath mat?
It depends on the material that it was made from. The bath mats listed above are all comfortable and feel great on bare feet when wet or dry.
4. Should I hang my bath mat after using it?
Yes. You should always clean your bathtub mat after every use. Ideally with a soap and water solution to help prevent any mildew and mold from collecting.It will help to maintain and extend the life of your mat.
5. Do they collect water on them?
No, they are all designed to allow for maximum water drainage to prevent slipping and provide maximum safety.
6. Is it safe for all ages, like babies and older people?
Yes, they are designed to work for everybody, no matter what the age may be.
7. Are these easy to wash?
Yes, bathtub mats are easy to wash. While most can be machine washed, the best advice is to hand wash them. This will ensure that any potential mold or mildew is eliminated which in turn extend the overall lifespan of the material. Plus, by maintaining your bath mat, you will be ensuring that it is in great condition for whenever you need to use it.
Putting a bathtub mat in your bathroom doesn’t mean you have to compromise the total outlay of your structure. And trust me, it is not dull or boring. There are literally hundreds of colors, designs and shapes to choose from. You can choose the square design or round shape bathtub mat that runs parallel with your bathroom design. You will even get mats that are shaped like ducks, fish, frogs or lady bugs. You will be able to decorate the bathroom with different shades of colors and style. No matter what you choose, it will be a wise decision.
If you want to go for a cheaper option you can buy the standardly shaped mats. Green, pink, purple or blue are some basic colors that won’t cost you too much. You will even get clear bathtub mats when you are reluctant to add striking colors to the bathroom.
Many online stores are now selling shower accessories as a complete package. This includes the shower curtain, bath mat and some other items as well. The main benefit of buying such package is you will get matching items which will enable you to decorate the bathroom in a way you want.
This bathtub mat reviews will help you to ease your efforts to find the best mat according to your desire.