So you have bought so many things for your little baby and you are very happy to be the first time parents. After a day of coming back from the hospital you realized that baby needs to take a bath and you didn’t buy any baby bathtub.
Don’t worry! You are not alone. Many parents forget to buy it and all of a sudden they find themselves perplexed on which one to buy for the baby. And I know you don’t have the time to do research because you want to spend the time with your little bundle of joy.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Baby Bathtub in 2018: Expert Reviews
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
Here, I have compiled the list of best baby bathtubs so you could save your time and cherish every moment with your baby. Also, from my experience I know that bathing your baby in the adult tub like the best freestanding tub is very risky.
You can actually carry the baby bathtub easily in the family outing. So, you will always have things under control even when you are not at home. Let’s dive in.
Best Baby Bathtub in 2018: Expert Reviews
1. The First Years – Best Newborn Baby Bath Tub
The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Bath Tub has fast become mommy’s favorite. Besides being voted the best new born baby bath tub in the Mom’s Picks awards for 2014, the bath tubs ergonomic design helps to secure the baby better for bathing.
And with a mesh sling for added comfort and support, it definitely makes bath time way less stressful for everyone involved, parent and baby. And the best part is, once your baby grows a little, they are able to comfortably sit up plus have room to play!
- Voted #1 for the baby bathtub in the 2014 Mom’s Picks awards
- Designed with a deep ergonomic space for better holding of baby
- Mesh sling with a padded headrest for even more comfort and support
- Can be adjusted to work with babies from newborn through toddler stages
- Pads are mildew resistant
- Machine washable netting and dry-able
- Fits inside most kitchen sinks
- Bath tub is BPA and phthalate free
- Comes with a built-in drain for easy cleanup
- Baby is able to wiggle out of the mesh sling
- Does not fit into smaller sinks
- Can get moldy if not properly maintained
This baby bath tub provides all of the comfort, security and convenience that both parents and growing babies require. From the ergonomic design that secures the baby better, to the size of the tub that fits into most single and double sinks, this is one of the finest baby bathtub available today.
Add in some mildew-resistant padding and just the right drain plug, and now you have yourself a Mommy’s Pick award winner.
2. Primo Euro Bath – Best Toddler Bath Tub
Being called ‘the only bath that you will ever need’, says a ton about the PRIMO Euro Bath, Pearl White. This tub makes bath time fun, convenient and safe.
In fact, this bath tub is so effective, that it’s like you’ve got an extra pair of hands during bath time. The unique anatomical shape helps the baby stay secure in the ideal bathing position, as well as helps to prevent the baby from slipping.
Add in the fact that the tub is an extra-large size and you’ve got a bath tub that will last through your baby’s second birthday.
- The safest and largest bath tub available
- Multiple bathing positions
- Unique tub shape to support the back, legs and arms
- Prevents any type of slipping
- Drain plug for easy cleanup
- BPA free, PVC free, Lead free, Phthalate free and non-toxic
- Fits baby’s up to 2 years old
- Made in the USA
- Large design means it won’t fit in some sinks
- Wiggly babies will slide around and not stay secured
The PRIMO EuroBath, Pearl White combines both style and quality. It’s American manufacturing means that only the utmost attention to detail has been maintained.
Now partner the high-quality tub with the extra-large size to accommodate babies up to two years old, and you have yourself the only baby bath tub that you are ever going to need. And as an extra bonus for mom and dad, this baby bath tub is one of the easiest tubs to clean.
All you have to do is simply wipe it down with some soap and a wet cloth.
3. Puj Tub – Foldable Baby Bath Tub
Being dubbed ‘the best baby bathtubs you could ever want’, the Puj Tub – The Soft, Foldable Baby Bathtub, allows for a bonding, hands on experience for both the baby and the parent.
This is huge as it helps both parties involved to relax during the stressful task of bathing a baby. With soft foam that conforms and folds to just about every sink imaginable, this tub cradles and protects your baby while being used.
It’s easy to clean and mold and mildew resistant.
- Easy to use
- Allows two-handed washing of baby
- Conserves space, energy and water
- Made of soft, flexible materials
- Non-slip, PVC and BPA free materials
- Folds flat for easy and quick storage
- Flexible to fit most kinds of sinks
- Cradles and comforts your baby
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Only fits babies up to 6 months
- Tub is used mainly for rinsing
The Puj Tub – The Soft, Foldable Baby Bathtub, is a great newborn baby bath tub for babies up to 6 months old. It’s flexible, comfortable design allows you to give your baby a bath in almost any sink in your house.
While it does not accommodate multiple positions, this mold and mildew resistant tub allows you to bond with your child during the bathing process.
This tub really does allow you the best baby bathing experience.
4. Blooming Bath Lotus – Best Baby Bath Tub for Newborn
The Blooming Bath Lotus is just a great bath tub. Made from extremely cuddly, soft materials, this tub is able to hug just about any sink you can think of.
Its streamlined design allows for a safe, fun, convenient and adorable bath time experience for both parent and baby. This is the perfect newborn to toddler bath tub.
- Voted the best way to give your baby a bath
- An alternative to using the traditional baby bath tubs
- Extremely cuddly and soft for maximum comfort and happiness during bath time
- its most sinks with its unique, four-petal design
- Perfect for infants up to 6 months old
- Not a lot of ‘grip’ when being used in the sink
- Soaks up bath water making it hard to ‘drain’
When it comes time to give your baby a bath, using the Blooming Bath Lotus will make it a unique, easy, hassle-free experience.
With the extra soft, cradling design, your baby will surely enjoy bath time until they outgrow this excellent bath aid.
5. Munchkin – Inflatable Safety Duck Tub Reviews
The Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub is an award winning, inflatable baby bath tub that utilizes special technology to make sure that the water is never too hot for your baby.
It has a special feature that turns a temperature dot white when the bath water is too hot. It then turns blue when the water is the perfect temperature.
This adorable bath tub also features a contoured headrest and is fully padded for maximum comfort.
- Monitors water temperature for added safety
- Is in the shape of a duck
- Inflatable design for easy storage
- Does not require a sink to use
- Extra padding for maximum comfort
- Ideal for travel
- Perfect for babies between the ages of 6 and 24 months
- Does not fit into any sinks
- Can pick up mold and mildew if not properly taken care of
If you are a family that travels a lot, then this is the perfect baby bath tub for you. It’s easy to use inflatable design and storage are perfect for just about every occasion.
And with the water temperature safety check, it makes bath time easier for the parents as well.
6. Fisher Price – Vibrating Bathtub
Talk about a relaxing, soothing, spa-like setting for your baby. With three ‘grow with me’ stages, the Fisher-Price Calming Waters Vibration Bathing Tub has a calming vibration that will help to soothe even the fussiest of babies.
Now let’s toss in a secure sling and some padded headrests, and you’ve got one of the top baby bathtubs ever available. And on top of that, this bath tub evolves with your little one.
Yup, it’s going to be your go to for bath time until your baby gets to be about 25 pounds.
- Creates a soothing bath time with calming vibrations
- Includes a secure sling
- Padded head and back rest for maximum comfort
- Can be used with newborns all the way up to toddler stages
- Multiple seating positions
- No slip insert prevents any slipping or sliding
- Convenient drying and storage features
- Fits most single and double sinks
- Drainage plug for easy cleaning
- Can only be used up to the toddler stage
- Will not work with all sinks
The Fisher-Price Calming Waters Vibration Bathing Tub is simply awesome. The securing net is perfect and it’s extremely easy to control the level of the water in the tub.
And with multiple seating positions, this is one of the few bath tubs that grows with your baby. While you should always pay attention to your baby during bath time, the non-slip material makes this a must have for any baby that likes to wiggle. Hence, you will not require any anti slip bath mat for tub.
Interesting read: If you want to know about the ceiling mounted shower heads that are applicable to babies as well read here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do You Need a Baby Bathtub?
Although there are many options available when it comes time for baby to bath, a baby bathtub will help prop up and stabilize a young child. You can use the bathtub almost anywhere, that sounds like a safe situation for your bundle of joy.
2. How Long Will I Use the Bathtub?
That depends upon how quickly your baby will grow. If they grow faster, they will outgrow the tub quicker. But if they grow slower, you’ll be able to use the tub much longer.
3. How Often Should I Clean the Tub?
You should clean the baby bathtub after every single use. This will prevent mold and mildew, as well as keep the tub ready for the next bath time.
4. What should I Use to Clean the Tub?
Simply use dish soap, warm water and a cloth to clean the baby bathtub after every use.
5. How Important are the Bells and Whistles?
That depends on what you like. If you are so inclined, you can find a tub that has a vibrate feature, a jet feature and even a quick drain feature. The bells and whistles are there, as long as that is what you want.
Recommended reading: Best mildew resistant shower curtain liner